Local Outreach in Ogle County, IL
Jesus told us to “Go therefore and make disciples of ALL the NATIONS, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to do everything I have told you.”
He wasn’t talking to a select few, but to all Christians. At M.C.C.C., it’s our desire to mobilize the whole church to reach the whole world with the gospel message. One of the goals of our Mission’s Ministry is to challenge and equip one another to become involved in world evangelism.
Our congregation is involved in a number of local ministries, ministries on the national level, and international works:
- Children's Evangelism Fellowship: Presenting the Gospel to children through (Backyard Bible Clubs, Good News Bible Clubs in schools, teaching and training leaders in these fields.)
- Mission Encouragement Trust: A worldwide missionary support ministry that provides single missionaries with encouragement through retreats, training, and counseling. (A Barnabas Ministry)
- Rockford Rescue Mission: A local ministry that provides meals, lodging, training, and support to the homeless In the Northern Illinois Area.
- Independent Missions for Asians: Aries Gonzales and Lee Andrew Lim are Pastors in the Philippines that are church planters in their country.
- YWAM – Ture and Carolyn Riker: This mission reaches out to local churches with the opportunity of Short-Term Mission trips. It is the goal of this ministry to help those serve the Love of Christ in Missions.
- Operation Christmas Child: A ministry of the Billy Graham Mission that blesses children with shoeboxes filled with Gifts and the Word of GOD.
- Carpenter’s Place: Inspired by Christ’s compassion, Carpenter’s Place offers direction with accountability to people with broken lives, helping them find peace with God, themselves and their communities.